Friday, November 19, 2010

Skinfood Choco Eyeline Jam in: Choco Dip Black & Choco Dip Mocha Review & Swatch

Another Skinfood review:

I got the Skinfood Choco Eyeline Jam in 2 colors : Choco Dip Black & Choco Dip Mocha.
I believe they have a total of 3 colors available , Satin Brown is the 3rd color.
It's a cream eyeliner or "soft-gel eyeliner" - according to the site, the first cream eyeliner I've ever tried. I usually kept to liquid eyeliners. It's meant to give a nice matte finish.

The packaging is a cute, jam - jar inspired, pot made of glass.
Sadly it does not come with a brush unlike most cream or gel eyeliners, so you need a tiny smudge brush, a slanted brush , or any small precise brush you are comfortable with.

These actually work pretty well and stay on for awhile. It usually stay on until I decide to take it off at the end of the day. I always wear eyeshadow primer so that might contribute to how long it lasts.

Click on photos to view Full Size
Here are some pics to show you the packaging:

It should be sealed when you receive it

Date on the bottom is manufacturing date
not expiration date.


The 2 colors look similar until you do a side by side comparison.
The color I didn't get is a much lighter color called Satin Brown

I used a small brush to swatch the eye liners on my hand
It applies smooth, well depending on the brush you use,
but its nice n creamy I'll update if it dries out on me.

nice n matte, if that's what you're looking for

Pros:
Creamy
Lots of product (value)
nice packaging
Good application
Long lasting

Cons:
No brush
Hard to find outside of Asia
Cost more out of Asia
Comes in only 3 colors


I am currently using these for everyday make up
and I am very satisfied although if it's a special/ important occasion
I would buy a waterproof eyeliner.
I am very happy to have these as my first cream eyeliners.

visit the skinfood site:
http://www.theskinfood.com/
english: http://eng.theskinfood.com/

If you have any questions just ask ^_^

<3

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm <3 that's pretty you should try to put it on yourself for us to see how does it look like =]

    www.bostonian-couture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been using sweet almond eyeliner from skinfood, and this one look promising! thanks for share. I'll check this one out^^

    I'm following you too~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just found your sweet blog and I'm now following it. Have a lovely day!

    Kisses, Melanie

    http://beautymeetskawaii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks nice for a matte eyeliner, i've never tried it though. i'm going to do a review on the BEST pencil eyeliner ever soon...hehe so stayed tuned and check my blog for more makeup stuff :)

    ke
    blissfullyke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi :) Nice blog you got there, I was wonderin if we could be friends and follow each others blogs? ^__^ Thank youuuu.~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello~ I have given you an award.. you can see it here http://littlebunnygirlintutu.blogspot.com/2011/05/blogger-award-2011.html :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thnx, Sadly I've been MIA from my blog for 2 years O.O >.< but I'm back and I'm hoping you'll stop by ^_^ I saw ure blog and its super cute ~followed

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...