Friday, February 14, 2014

Review : Holika Holika Jewel-Light WaterProof Eyeliner

Happy Valentines Day! or Singles Awareness Day, Whatevs everyone can celebrate and partake on the valentines day chocolate sales the next day lol. 

Sorry I have not been so active lately School and work combo is kicking my butt. I also started the Insanity workout again so that is literally working my butt off.

Something I wanted to try for a while were the Holika Holika Jewel-Light Waterproof Eyeliner. I am always looking for the perfect waterproof eyeliner.  I have been using Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencils and they are good but technically not waterproof, so on those hot-hot days I still end up with raccoon eyes when I'm not careful.
 So onto the Review....




The Holika Holika Jewel-Light Waterproof Eyeliner Comes in 20 colors I got 5;  Black Gem, One Carat Diamond, 18k Gold, Pink Topaz, and Brown Amber

The Product Promise:
• Water Resistant
• Smudge Resistant
• Pigment Color
• Long Lasting



I was very impressed these did their job as well as some high end US brands.  Yes they are pigmented and it doesn't pull like some of the other waterproof brands. 

Black Gem and Brown Amber have a slight shimmer, Black Gem looks like it would have more shimmer but it's very subtle which I like. The rest of the colors have shimmer.

Pink Topaz reminds me of a Dolce & Gabbana Eyeliner in Shimmer 12 that I got from Sephora with my Beauty points.

The Tests:
Test 1: I did some swatches on my arm and let it set. I rubbed and it didn't budge! There where some shimmer transfer though that is understandable. I literally had to vigorously rub my arm and almost scratch at it to get it just a bit off. 
  
Test 2: I ran it under some water and no runny make up goop, yay! Yes i would definitely say it's water resistant! The only way I got it so budge was wet it and then rub vigorously again.

I love these, These will be great for the gym. I know some people are self conscious about going to the gym barefaced, well just throw on some waterproof eyeliner and you're good to go. Make sure it's one that does it's job , because a sad emo clown face is way worse than bare face.

You could also use these to the pool or beach, just make sure when you sweat or get wet not to rub them. 

Price:
I love that they are decently priced! They sell for about $5 in Korea and $8.99 USD (at the time of this post) on their US Website www.holikaholikausa.com

I think that's a deal for the quality you are getting.
I definitely want to try some other colors like purple.


How to Sharpen:
I know it looks like a twisty pencil but don't be afraid to sharpen it in a cosmetic pencil sharpener, as it was intended.



Heres How it looks after a long hot sweaty day of wear...
My mascara is a mess but the Holika Holika Eyeliner stayed put :)





Thank you for reading :)
Please Subscribe or Follow me, if you please

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...